THE ARCHERY ASSOCIATION OF TAMIL NADU
"The official state body of Tamil Nadu Archery!"
Only State Archery body recognized by and affiliated to:
Tamil Nadu Olympic Association (TNOA) and Archery Association of India (AAI)
(TNOA is the only body recognized by Indian Olympic Association (IOA) and
AAI is the only body recognized by World Archery (WA))
ARCHER'S ANNUAL REGISTRATION - 2020/21
BECOME A REGISTERED ARCHER OF The Archery Association of Tamilnadu (TAAT)
RENEWAL OF ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP AND REGISTRATION OF NEW MEMBERS for the year 2020/21!
RULES AND REGULATIONS
Please read the below very carefully before you accept and register:
Annual Registration Fees for the Calendar Year 2020/21 is Rs. 1200/- per Archer.
LAST DATE FOR RENEWAL/NEW REGISTRATION IS: 7th February 2021 by 5pm.
PENALTY: After 7th February 2021, Archers has to pay Rs. 1000/- as penalty along with the registration fees. Total of Rs. 2200/- per Archer.
* ANNUAL REGISTRATION FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
* Registration Fees should be paid through Online Transfer or Direct Deposit (HDFC in your nearest locality) in the Bank to the following Account.
Bank: HDFC BANK
Account Name: THE ARCHERY ASSOCIATION OF TAMILNADU
Account Number: 50200000229097
RTGS/NEFT/IFSC Code: HDFC0000010
Bank Branch: MG Road, Besant Nagar, Chennai - 600090.
FOR ONLINE TRANSFER IMPS OR NEFT OR RTGS OR MOBILE: Please mention Archer's Full Name, District and Club/Coach in the Remarks/Comments, so then we can cross-check and confirm the registration.
NOTE: After the transfer or deposit in the bank account, you will have to attach the reference or receipt (challan) copy in the Archer's Annual Registration Form, which is provided at the end of this page.
PLEASE GO THROUGH THE RULES BEFORE YOU REGISTER.
How to register as an Archer in TAAT?
TAAT is the only official body controlling, regulating and promoting all forms of Archery (outdoor (target), indoor, field, 3D, etc.,) in the state of Tamilnadu. TAAT is the only official body in Tamilnadu recognized by the Archery Association of India (AAI).
* Only Archers registered with TAAT can participate on behalf of Tamilnadu in any competition conducted by AAI.
* Only Archers selected by AAI can participate in the Olympics, World Cups, World Championships, Asian Games, Commonwealth Games, etc.,
All Archers from anywhere in Tamilnadu can register as an Archer in The Archery Association of Tamilnadu (TAAT). It's very simple to register as an Archer in TAAT. Contrary to a perception spread by unrecognized and fraud coaches that it is difficult to join, it is very simple and easy.
ANY ARCHER CAN JOIN TAAT.
Why be registered as a member in TAAT?
* You can participate in any of the official tournaments, championships and selection trials conducted by TAAT.
* You will be informed of all activities - state meets, trials for all India championships, coaches workshops, special seminars, judges training, coaches exams by email.
* You will be given an Identity Card (valid for the calendar year) which you can carry to show to law and order authorities, airport checks and the police while transporting your bows and arrows. Bows and arrows are classified as weapons and carrying your identity card will confirm that it is only for sports.
* You can shoot as a guest for 2 days in any of the shooting ranges in Tamilnadu and INDIA while Travelling.
* You will be updated abt the right approved dealers in the state and the country for buying archery equipment and spares in the right charges. This will stop many clubs and coaches from cheating innocent Archers and collecting huge amounts of money.
* You will be updated about unauthorized and illegal tournaments and championships in the state. If you participate in such tournaments you are liable to be banned from official tournaments. So it's better to know about such bogus tournaments.
* Remember that your registrations are valid only for the calendar year (April 1st to March 31st) and must be renewed every year.
* Your membership ceases after the validity date.
General Rules For Archers
• I fully understand that Archery equipment can be dangerous and if not properly handled can cause injury or even death.
• Having understood the above well, I promise to abide by all safety and security guidelines very strictly and undertake not to use any Archery equipment for purposes other than regulated and supervised sporting activities.
• I understand that by being an Archer and acquiring capacities and capabilities to use bows and arrows with deadly precision, I shall bear the onus of conducting myself with a high degree of discipline, tolerance and social responsibility and agree that I alone shall be accountable for all my direct and indirect actions, which may have a bearing on Archery and its equipment.
• I agree that I shall never use Archery equipment in any other place other than the shooting range sanctioned in writing by the club/association and law and order authorities.
• Having understood the above I agree not to use Archery equipment in any residential premises/areas where the public or neighbour's safety could be put to jeopardy without safety certification by the association.
• I agree not to carry the bow in a "strung and ready to shoot" condition in any area other than the sanctioned shooting ranges.
• I agree to carry my Archer's Identification (ID) Card always with me in person wherever I carry any part of the equipment with me.
• I agree that when I travel outstation with my Archery equipment, I shall carry necessary documents signed by the appropriate authorities as to the purpose of the equipment carried to the specified destination. This is in addition to carrying the ID card. TAAT will issue such letters after ascertaining the appropriateness of such travel with Archery equipment.
• As TAAT members you can approach the State Chief Coach to suggest the right equipment to acquire for your practise.
• You are within your rights to get any Archery equipment from anywhere.
TAAT Approved Archery Dealers in India are:
- Ten Ring Sports, Patiala
- AK Sports, Kolkata
- Archery Supplies India (ASI), Hyderabad
- Ruth India, Amravati, Maharastra
- Iris Archery, Chennai
• I agree that I have no criminal cases pending against me in any police station in the country and if I have, I have declared the details in the application form, and the acceptance of my application is up to the discretion of the association or/and the law and order authorities.
• If the association finds at any point of time that I have hidden/given false information about any criminal liabilities, I agree that I shall be expelled from the association and there shall be no refunds of any kind and my equipment will be seized and handed over to the nearest police station in adherence to law and order requirements.
• During my training in Archery, if there is any criminal case registered against me, I shall immediately inform the association and my continuance as a member will be at the sole discretion of the disciplinary committee of the association in consultation with the law and order authorities. My entire equipment may also be liable for seizure by law enforcement authorities.
• I hereby agree that I shall not teach Archery to anyone without appropriate written sanction from the association. One needs to be a certified Coach from TAAT, SAI or WORLD ARCHERY to teach Archery.
• I agree that I shall not give any demonstrations of Archery anywhere without the permission of the appropriate authorities and will do so only after due safety measures have been taken.
• I agree not to use Archery and Archery equipment in any verbal and (or) physical threat to anyone under any circumstances and provocations.
• I agree that I shall not use Archery for hunting any bird or animal of any species anywhere and shall not hurt any bird/animal with the Archery equipment under any provocation.
• If some reason, due to grave danger to my life, I use Archery equipment in self defence (like I would use any other article around) I will immediately report it to the nearest police station and handover my equipment to the; law and order authorities as well as surrender myself for further legal procedures.
• I shall not use the name, logo and references of the association for any purpose without written permission from the appropriate authorities of the association.
• I agree that proper etiquette and decorum will be maintained by me during training sessions. I will start the training by giving due respect to the teacher and the equipment in the specified manner and will be focused only in Archery. Any violations will result in disciplinary actions.
I hereby declare that I have read and understood the rules and regulations and agree to abide by them.
* Archers are instructed to submit the registration details through the Archer's Annual Registration Form for calendar year 2020/21.
The Archery Association of Tamilnadu (TAAT)